A smarter way of working with data.
- Hi there! If you are reading this, chances are you are one of the billion spreadsheet users out there.
- Do you worry about mistakes in your model? Wish certain tasks weren’t so repetitive and time consuming? Spend late nights reviewing other people's work? Tried to solve this using numerous power user tricks and plug-ins?
- So did we. Frustrated by working with spreadsheets, we created an all-in-one workspace to empower people to work with data in a smarter way.
- Say goodbye to inefficiency and errors, say hello to Modeldrive.
The traditional spreadsheet.
- Excel combines the power of a programming language, the immediate usability of consumer software, and the skill progression of a video game with the flexibility to adapt to nearly infinite use cases.
- That’s a combination no other software offers, and it’s why Excel has been able to survive and thrive while millions of other applications have come and gone.
- However, Excel has deficiencies, with the main ones being error proneness, difficulty to collaborate and version, and limitations from working in a two-dimensional world.
- Problems such as mislinking, data inconsistencies, inefficient team review, version control issues, manual analysis, model crashes etc. occur far too often.
- Google Sheets made spreadsheets collaborative and brought them to the cloud. Microsoft responded with the Office 365 suite which does the same.
- But fundamentally, not much has changed since we saw the first spreadsheet more than 40 years ago.
- It's time to course-correct and rethink the spreadsheet for the decades to come.
The Modeldrive way.
- What do we keep? The tabular grid, with cells that you can populate as you wish. The flexibility, so that you are not restricted as to what you can put in the cells. The reactivity, with dependent cells being updated automatically following changes in their precedents. The keyboard first design, optimized for efficiency.
- What do we change? The A1 notation is replaced with human language to create variables (e.g. Price, Quantity, Revenue) and dimensions (e.g. Periods, Segments, Scenarios). We allow users to define rows and columns, using variables and dimensions, enabling more hierarchical and tree-like structures.
- What is the result? A more efficient, accurate, and enjoyable way of working with data. Benefits include:
- Consistent data
- No more linking
- Built-in analytics
- Efficient auditing
- Instant presentation
- Effective collaboration
- High quality templates
- And the list goes on...
- Check out the product and build whatever you can imagine! We need early adopters like you to start a movement. You are the first step in our journey towards a future of a smarter way of working with data.
We invite you to try out Modeldrive for yourself: